What are the goals of Beacons?
- Ensure Access to High Quality Out-of-School Time Opportunities for youth.
- Youth have opportunities to develop 21st Century Skills to prepare for college, work, and life.
- Youth increase their School and Community Connectedness.
- Youth increase their Academic Achievement and are on track for High School Graduation.
- Work with schools, community partners, and stakeholders collaboratively and coordinate resources to Respond Most Effectively to the Needs of Youth.
Beacons programming is focused and intentional, addressing community needs with proven program strategies. Beacon Centers provide young people a place to grow through challenging activities, caring relationships, and leadership experiences. A wide range of positive youth development enrichment programs provide opportunities for youth to develop social and academic skills.