Beacons programming is focused and intentional, addressing community needs with proven program strategies. Beacon Centers provide young people a place to grow through challenging activities, caring relationships, and leadership experiences. A wide range of positive youth development enrichment programs provide opportunities for youth to develop social and academic skills.
What are the goals of Beacons?
- Ensure Access to High Quality Out-of-School Time Opportunities for youth.
- Youth have opportunities to develop 21st Century Skills to prepare for college, work, and life.
- Youth increase their School and Community Connectedness.
- Youth increase their Academic Achievement and are on track for High School Graduation.
- Work with schools, community partners, and stakeholders collaboratively and coordinate resources to Respond Most Effectively to the Needs of Youth.